Bonus: Click here to download a handy PDF version of this article
When we look at infertility treatments women tend to receive the most attention. And for most cases this is rightly so. However men also need to be addressed. Not only can men suffer from poor sperm quality and quantity but also erectile dysfunction. While drugs can offer a relief there is a simple and effective Natural Erectile dysfunction treatment at your disposal!
What Causes Erectile Disfunction?
Erectile disfunction (ED) or impotence is defined as an inability to get or hold an erection to sustain a sexual intercourse. The cause may be physical or psychological in nature. Diabetes, lack of exercise and cardiovascular disease, depression, guilt, anxiety, stress, low self esteem and problems in relationships can all predispose to ED. Infertility can predispose to many of these psychological issues contributing to ED. In this article we’ll look at the physical side and how you can treat erectile disfunction naturally.
Nitric Oxide and Sexual Function
Nitric Oxide or NO, is used by the blood vessels for muscle relaxation and vasodilation – dilation of the blood vessels. This in turn improves blood perfusion (blood flow) of the surrounding tissue and facilitates an erection. Other roles of NO are blood pressure regulation, cellular energy usage and blood sugar and calcium balance.
Today, alone in the US 18 million men are affected by Erectile Dysfunction. The most popular prescription medication for erectly dysfunction PDE5 (phosphodiesterase type 5) – a.k.a. Viagra – prevents breakdown of nitric oxide in the body. But no drug is without long term side-effects and it’s best to provide your body with ingredients to manufacture what it needs to function optimally.
Natural Erectile Dysfunction Treatments
- You can take an Arginine supplement. The enzyme NOS (NO synthase) is used to make nitric oxide.
- You can use Epimedium (Horny Goat Weed) and Panax Ginseng herbs which have a similar action to the PDE5 drug.
- Or you can make a delicious fresh pressed beet juice! Beetroots are naturally high in Nitrate (NO3) which body metabolizes into Nitrite (NO2) and Nitric Oxide (NO)! We found this out from sports research where a study discovered that drinking beetroot juice can double the blood concentration of nitrates. So not only can beetroot juice improve your athletic performance and give you a competitive edge in your next sporting event but it can improve your sexual stamina and erectile dysfunction.
Erectile dysfunction also goes hand in hand with premature ejaculation. Now how many women out there would like their men to be able to last a bit longer? Ladies, give your man some beetroot juice!
In the said study to improve athletic performance the participants were drinking 500ml of fresh pressed beetroot juice for six consecutive days. Try it for six days, and then as a maintenance dose just add a small beet to your fresh pressed juices couple of times a week. Beets can overpower other fruit and veg in the juice so for better flavor don’t overpower your juice with the beets!
Also stay clear of potassium nitrate – an inorganic nitrate as it’s toxic. And please note that nitrates from beetroots and spinach are not viewed the same in terms of health danger on our body as those in processed meats! So tuck into your veggies and fresh pressed juice!
Do you like beetroot juice? Would love to hear your thoughts and your results! And if you know of other natural erectile dysfunction treatments please share them below!
- Murphy LL, Lee TJ. Ginseng, Sex Behavior, and Nitric Oxide. May 2002.
Free Report: How to Improve Your Sperm Health: 23 Simple Evidence-Based Tips
- 3 Costly misconceptions about sperm health & IVF
- How to avoid 3 every-day sperm damaging toxins
- A little-known test that solves many sperm problems
- #1 beverage for optimal sperm quality (itâ€™s not water!)
- Avoid this protein! It promotes sperm antibodies
- 3 nutrients for sperm count, motility & morphology
- 3 pharmaceutical drugs that can damage sperm
- #1 Enemy to healthy sperm – 99% of men do this!
© 2013 Iva Keene and Natural Fertility Prescription