Bonus: Click here to download a handy PDF version of this article
I am seeing more and more male clients seeking natural varicocele treatment. A varicocele is an enlarged vein in the scrotum. About 15% of the male population suffer from varicoceles. 40% of infertile men have varicoceles. And around 50% of total infertility cases are male-related, with varicoceles as the most reported cause of male infertility.
Did you know that the testes are located outside the male body for a reason? The normal body temperature is hotter than the ideal temperature for sperm production. The testes are suspended outside the male body because they should be kept at a certain temperature for successful sperm production to occur. Pampiniform venous plexus – the network of blood vessels in the testes – supplies the testes with oxygen and regulates testicular temperature. Varicoceles make heat regulation difficult. They block blood flow to the testes. This results in infertility because the high temperature kills off viable sperm in the testes.
This condition is usually accompanied with a reduction in the size of the testes and swelling of the scrotum. Most men with varicocelles experience a constant throbbing pain in the testes. There are also symptomless cases of varicocelles diagnosed only after a sperm analysis and a physical exam. If you suspect you may have varicocelles get it checked out. The sooner the condition is discovered, the better your chances of addressing it.
According to statistics varicoceles appear more often on the left side of the scrotum – There is no known explanation for this. Also, they are found more commonly in tall and lean men.
Four medical procedures for treating varicoceles
- Conventional surgery
- Microsurgery (the latest treatment for varicoceles),
- Laparoscopic operation
- Radiologic balloon occlusion
The operation is generally simple and straightforward which is why many doctors readily perform surgery on infertile men with varicoceles. However only 30% of patients who undergo surgery experience an improved sperm count. In other words, in the remaining 70% of men who have the surgery there is no improvement in their sperm count. Your doctor cannot predict whether your sperm count will improve after the surgery. Like you, he can only wait and see! A successful conception does not depend on high sperm counts alone. Only 15% of men who undergo varicocele surgery successfully father a child.
Varicocele treatment without surgery
A better, safer and cheaper natural varicocele treatment are a healthy diet, balanced lifestyle and supplemental nutrition. Your goal is to improve the blood circulation, strengthen the walls of your veins and cleanse the reproductive system.
Natural varicocele treatment
Try to eat a balanced diet with lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. Start eating whole grains, foods that contain essential fatty acids, some wild fish and nuts. Drink a minimum of eight glasses of purified water a day. Opt for organic foods over processed foods. Avoid intake of junk food, trans fats, caffeine and alcoholic beverages. Minimize your intake of animal products and favor vegetarian sources of protein. A diet rich in vitamin C and bioflavonoids strengthens the walls of your blood vessels and prevents plaque formation that can clog your blood vessels. Plaque is a mixture of cholesterol and fats which adhere to the walls of the blood s and can predispose you to cardiovascular conditions.
Complement your diet with premium quality supplements: 1000mg Bioflavonoids a day, 1000 mg Vitamin C three times a day, 30 mg Zinc and 400 IU Vitamin E a day.
Varicocele treatment natural protocol also includes herbs. Herbs shown to improve varicocelles are: Damiana, Saw Palmetto Berries, Ginseng and Sarsaparilla. Varicocele treatment doesn’t have to be expensive nor invasive.
Do you have varicocelles? If so, did you get them treated? Have you used natural varicocele treatment, surgery or both? Share your thoughts with me!
Free Report: How to Improve Your Sperm Health: 23 Simple Evidence-Based Tips
- 3 Costly misconceptions about sperm health & IVF
- How to avoid 3 every-day sperm damaging toxins
- A little-known test that solves many sperm problems
- #1 beverage for optimal sperm quality (itâ€™s not water!)
- Avoid this protein! It promotes sperm antibodies
- 3 nutrients for sperm count, motility & morphology
- 3 pharmaceutical drugs that can damage sperm
- #1 Enemy to healthy sperm – 99% of men do this!
© 2011 Iva Keene and Natural Fertility Prescription