I can relate to the feeling as I have been through the same dilemma 15 years ago when I was trying to get pregnant. After 4 years of incessant but failed attempts, I created a blend of oils. My husband and I started to do regular massage on each other and the essential oils put my hormones back on track and within a month, I was on my way to motherhood! Essential oils have helped me in every phase of pregnancy and for many years after that. I have only aromatherapy to thank for blessing us with a healthy and cheerful childlike Juan Martin.
Anxiety, Depression and InfertilityI am glad to say that I have been able to help many women overcome their infertility problems and become happy and proud mothers, the causes varied, maybe the one common denominator was their anxiety to get pregnant and their depression when month after month they would find out they were not. Some of them combined my aromatherapy for fertility advice with other treatments either holistic, allopathic or both, some of them just used my oils. There may be several physiological reasons that can explain why using aromatherapy for fertility essential oils could have helped - their relaxant properties, their ability to promote circulation, their phytohormonal properties – or all of the above.
My personal experiences inspired me to formulate RADIARE Woman’s Help Body Oil, a special combination that incorporates the goodness of 4 highly effective aromatherapy for fertility essential oils that work on a woman’s body in different ways.
- Geranium: Balances out the hormones and stimulates the adrenal cortex. Uterine and ovarian tonic. ¹
- Clary Sage: Helpful in relieving feminine problems, stress, depression and anxiety. It’s also said that imitates the hormone estrogen.
- Lavender: Calms and relaxes the mind. Great to help people who are in an unbalanced emotional state. ²
- Fennel: Has been known for thousands of years for its effects on the female reproductive system. Helpful to regularize menstrual cycle, specially scanty and painful periods. ³
Essential Oils for FertilityI would like to share my beautiful experience with all women out there who suffer from different causes of infertility, I never tell them aromatherapy for fertility is the ultimate solution, but I tell them this can certainly help. The secret to success lies in cultivating a positive attitude towards yourself and your relationship with your partner.
- A relaxing body massage concentrating on the abdomen and limbs has a physical as well as emotional benefit. The massage relaxes your mind and stimulates the reproductive organs while the essential oils do their job.
- Involving your partner in the process can bring you closer on a physical and emotional level. Indulge in couple massages to detoxify your bodies and build up intimacy.
- The use of essential oils does not interfere with any other treatments that you may be undergoing for infertility; in fact, aromatherapy for fertility complements them.
- Women of all ages and conditions can benefit from the use of essential oils.
- Feel good about your body and enjoy the process rather than worrying about the results.
Other Essential Oils For FertilityIn addition to the essential oils for fertility listed above, there are several essential oils that may be beneficial for fertility. Anything that relaxes the nervous system and helps you to feel calm and nurtured will be beneficial in reducing your cortisol (stress hormone) and adrenal hormones (adrenaline) and will support fertility.
Try essential oils such as Rose, Bergamot, Chamomile or anything that you love the smell of. Some common favorites include Lemon, Peppermint, Spearmint, Ylang Ylang, Cedarwood and Jasmine. Quality is important when choosing an essential oil, so do your research and find a good quality brand that is available in your area.
© 2010 Cristina Proano-Carrion C.H. Dip. Aroma
Born and raised in the Ecuadorian capital, ²Quito, Cristina's memories are always related to the scents of her homeland. A professional Aromatherapist since 1994, Cristina received her Complementary Health Education Diploma in Aromatherapy in 1997 from the Kevala Center in the U.K. and advanced her studies in 1998 when she took the International Training Program in Essential Oils at Purdue University in Indiana.
Cristina has more than 14 years of experience formulating aromatherapy products for the spa, fitness and hospitality industry and speaking with North and South American audiences on television and radio as well as in seminars and workshops. She is eager to share her successful experience and the therapeutic values of her homeland's pure healing ingredients using aromatherapy for fertility.
¹ ³ Davis, Patricia. Aromatherapy An A-Z. Essex, England: The CW Daniel Company Ltd. 1992
² Worwood, Valerie Ann. Aromantics. New York, NY. Bantam Books. 1994