Are you eager to have a natural pregnancy over 40?Below are some pregnancy secrets that can help you to conceive and have a natural pregnancy over 40.
1. Avoid processed and fast foodTo keep your body fit and ready for a natural pregnancy over 40, you should know which foods to limit or avoid altogether. Remember your nutritional status plays a great role in fertility and fetal growth. The health of the mother influences hormonal interactions and metabolism between the fetus, the placenta and the mother's body.
We know alcohol is bad for you and your baby. But did you know fast foods, junk foods and other processed foods can be bad for you as well? Trans fats, found in processed and fast foods, have been known to increase the risks of heart disease. Babies tend to be overweight when their mother consumes excessive amounts of trans fats during pregnancy or when nursing. Trans fats are actually the byproducts in the production of hydrogenated fats and oils - the products which help lengthen the shelf life of processed and fast foods. Researchers from Sao Paulo Federal University in Brazil found that fat build-up in the fetus tends to increase as the mother is fed with a hydrogenated fat-rich diet.
2. Go to bed between 9 and 10 pm to balance hormonesPoor sleeping habits can severely affect labor and delivery. Researchers from the University of California, San Francisco have found out that expectant women who had less than 6 hours of sleep per night had longer and more difficult labors. It was also found out pregnant women with inadequate sleep were more likely to have a caesarean delivery. Remember, you have to give your body sufficient sleep to keep you in a babymaking state. The correct amount of sleep helps regulate hormonal levels in your body as well as promote tissue repair. By the time you get pregnant, you will have adjusted to the new sleeping requirements and "sleeping for 2" will be easier for you. Sleep quantity should come hand in hand with sleep quality. You should have long well-rested nights of sleep when you plan to have a natural pregnancy over 40 as well as below 40.
If you find it hard to change your sleeping habits for the better, below are tips you can try to make "sleeping for 2" easier for you.
- Plan sleep. Set yourself a daily schedule of, for example, being asleep by 9 pm and awake by 6 am.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes every day, unless otherwise advised.
- Try to sleep on your side so that blood can circulate more effectively to your womb and to your kidneys.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Drink lots of fluids (especially water) during the day. Minimize your intake in the late evening, however, so that your sleep will not be interrupted by frequent trips to the bathroom.
- Indulge in daytime naps if you were not able to sleep for at least 7 hours the night before. Have your naps early in the day or immediately after lunch so that you will not have difficulty falling asleep come nighttime.
3. Avoid toothpaste with fluoride.Advertisements and propaganda have led us to believe that fluoride has no effects when taken during pregnancy and trying for a natural pregnancy over 40. However, a study by fluoride specialist, Professor A.K. Susheela showed that Fluoride consumption can lead to nervous system attacks, cancer, bone fractures, liver and kidney problems, thyroid gland problems, dental fluorosis, and lower IQs. Also, it has been shown fluoride does not really help prevent dental cavities at all!
Fluoride not only damages your health but also damages your baby's health. When taken during a natural pregnancy over 40 or below, fluoride can be deposited in the brain of the baby in your womb. These fluoride deposits can cause brain cell and neurotransmitter damage. Your baby will be at a higher risk of a lower IQ and behavioral problems.
Be aware of the products we use and the food we eat. Fluoride is not only found in toothpaste. It's also found in water, processed foods, black tea, and other foodstuffs.
Do you have any other secrets for a natural pregnancy over 40 that you'd like to share? I would love to hear from you!