Many couples choose natural tips to help get pregnant in order to help improve their fertility. Below are 5 tips you and your partner can try to improve your fertility, naturally.
Tips to Help Get Pregnant
1. Limit caffeine consumptionStudies have shown that women who take 300 mg of caffeine or more every day have less fertility than women who ingest little to no caffeine. A cup of coffee typically has 100 mg to 130 mg of caffeine so it is safe for you to enjoy one cup of coffee a day. However, if you have been diagnosed with infertility even that one cup can be one too many, and you are in need of tips to help get pregnant. Coffee is not, however, the only beverage with caffeine content. Black teas, green teas, and some sodas have caffeine content. Chocolate also has caffeine. Monitor how many of these drinks you normally take in a day and try to cut down on consumption.
If you are undergoing IVF, your caffeine threshold is only 50 mg a day, a threshold which is easily exceeded so it is better to avoid taking caffeine altogether. Caffeine can constrict the blood vessels lowering the flow of blood and oxygen to your uterus and making it difficult for a fertilized egg to be deposited in the uterine lining.
If you are having problems and are in need of tips to help get pregnant, you should also avoid taking caffeine altogether. Even small dosages of caffeine can make it more difficult for you to conceive.
2. Don't smokeThere are currently more than 100 studies that link smoking to reduced fertility and unsuccessful pregnancies. Smoking lowers the quality of your eggs and may also cause early menopause onset. Reduced fertility may also be the result of hormonal imbalance caused by smoking.
In addition to causing infertility smoking can lead to miscarriage and problems during pregnancy. Babies born to mothers who smoke are at a higher risk of malnourishment, underdevelopment, and brain damage. So, if you intend to become pregnant or already are pregnant, stop smoking immediately.
Stopping smoking prevents further damage to your eggs and will restore your hormonal balance, increasing your chances of having a healthy pregnancy. But it is not enough for a woman to stop smoking. The partner, as well as the rest of the household members, should stop, or at least agree not to smoke in the house. The effects of secondary smoke can be as detrimental to fertility and pregnancy as actually smoking.
3. Learn to time intercourseWhen you want to optimize your chance of getting pregnant you should learn to time intercourse. Start by keeping track of your menstrual cycle for a few months in order to pinpoint the days when you are most fertile. Your fertility window, the days you are most likely to conceive, is typically halfway between your periods, counting from the day each period begins. Intercourse during these days and following other tips to help get pregnant increases your chances.
4. Minimize EFM radiation exposureEFM radiation from mobile phones and computers penetrates your body and can reduce cell division, destroy genetic material, and harm the baby in your womb. Cells that develop and divide quickly are particularly vulnerable to radiation. Because the baby in your womb is growing rapidly, he/she is sensitive to EFM radiation. Excessive exposure to radiation can lead to birth defects and diseases such as leukemia. Fortunately, there are shields you can use to protect yourself from electromagnetic radiation. For more information go here.
5. Favor a vegetarian dietIncorporating healthy, organic, unprocessed foods into your diet maximizes your chances of getting pregnant. A vegetarian diet will help you to keep a normal Body Mass Index (BMI). A normal BMI is critical in keeping your body in baby-making shape. A vegetarian diet is low in salt, unhealthy fats, sugar, and refined carbohydrates. Not only does this diet optimize your fertility and reduce complications during pregnancy, but it also lowers the risk of diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart failure.
A fertility diet is an inexpensive option and should be your first choice when trying out tips to help get pregnant before you have medical treatment or surgery.
Do you know of any other tips to help get pregnant that you'd like to share? I look forward to hearing from you!