Preventing miscarriage is not a mystery. Miscarriages are devastating. Often they make you feel powerless. Miscarriage prevention protocols are hard to findand not many health practitioners use them. The mainstream approach to a miscarriage is that it can happen and that you should try again until it works.
However this approach leaves you open to recurrent miscarriages which can erode your confidence even further. In this article you’ll find out the five steps I recommend you do first for preventing miscarriage and before trying to conceive again.
5 Steps for Preventing Miscarriages:
- Check your partner’s sperm. – Women who miscarry tend to have partners with poor sperm quality. While this is not always the case it is worth looking into it before you invest in the invasive and expensive workup of the female reproductive system. If his sperm is of suboptimal quality, don’t despair. Sperm health can be improved in as little as 90 days. You may also wish to consider using my Sperm Health Program to improve your partner’s sperm quality and quantity naturally for preventing miscarriage. You can learn more about it here: https://natural-fertility-prescription.com/improve-sperm-health/
- Check your MTHFR status. – MTHFR is an enzyme responsible for folic acid metabolism in the body. 30-40% of the population have a mutation of the gene responsible for this enzyme. Carriers of this mutation have a higher risk of miscarrying. This is because their bodies are not capable of absorbing folic acid from the diet. This can easily be addressed with the methylated form of folic acid. Your naturopath or GP can prescribe it for you for preventing miscarriage.
- Check your EM radiation exposure. – EM radiation is emitted from your cell phone, laptop, wifi, computer, iPad, TV, hairdryer, and any other electrical device when plugged in. EM radiation targets fast replicating cells in the body. These include the egg and sperm cells and the developing embryo. It is especially important that you don’t have any electrical appliances in your bedroom where you are stationary for at least 8 hours a day. While you sleep you don’t want any radiation interfering with your reproductive cells or your growing embryo. Shield yourself from EM radiation. Take a look at the EM radiation shield we recommend here: https://natural-fertility-prescription.com/resources/
- Take CoQ10 supplement. – Coenzyme Q10 is food for your cellular engines – the mitochondria. After the age of 30 your cells start to become depleted in CoQ10. This predisposes them to faster ageing due to faster toxin accumulation inside the cell and the reduced ability of the cell to clean itself. CoQ10 deficiency can predispose to miscarriages in women over 30. Therefore taking a good quality CoQ10 is crucial. I recommend CoQ10 from a practitioner range and of superb quality. You can order it here: https://natural-fertility-prescription.com/fertility-supplements-men-women/
- Check your thyroid function. – Have you ever heard of the expression ‘Bun in the oven’? Referring to a woman being pregnant? Well that expression is not far from the truth. Your baby is growing and developing inside you from an invisible seed to a big pregnant belly ready to pop. For this growth to take place your body needs to be operating at a certain core temperature. The core body temperature thermostat is set by your thyroid gland. The temperature determines the speed of the cellular replication and growth. If your core body temperature is below 36.4 degrees celsius five consecutive days in a row during the follicular phase of your cycle, your thyroid gland may be suffering. You may be hypothyroid or sub-clinically hypothyroid. If that’s the case have your thyroid function checked. And for addressing thyroid function naturally please refer to this article: https://natural-fertility-prescription.com/reverse-hypothyroidism-pregnant-asap/
There are many more steps you can take once you know the cause behind your miscarriage. And to find out what these are please download our complementary Miscarriage Prevention Report. Watch the presentation on how and why miscarriages can be prevented here.
You can prevent miscarriages. There are proven steps you can take for preventing miscarriages and recurrent miscarriages, so don’t despair!
Please share your thoughts with us on preventing miscarriages in the comment section below. I look forward to hearing from you.
Additional info: http://www.centerforhumanreprod.com/miscarriages.html
Share this article
Iva Keene is co-founder and director of Natural-Fertility-Prescription.com. She has been a qualified, accredited Naturopathic Physician for over 13 years, holds a Bachelor's degree in Health Science and a Masters degree in Reproductive Medicine. Since founding NFP in 2008, Iva's articles, videos, guides and reports have reached over 1.3 million people. Iva has dedicated her professional life to supporting couples on their path to parenthood with scientifically grounded information, protocols and coaching around preconception care, natural infertility treatments and integrative reproductive health.