Are you looking for tips on becoming pregnant? Here are ten useful tips to help you conceive quickly.
Tips on Becoming Pregnant: Before Trying To Conceive
- Before trying to conceive, schedule an appointment for both you and your partner with a naturopathic doctor. Many potential obstacles to conception can be identified before any time is wasted. Naturopaths use many modalities in order to help the body to heal itself. This complementary care is in conjunction with mainstream medicine, rather than replacing it. Suggestions may include dietary changes, herbs or chiropractic care.
- Stress can affect the length of the menstrual cycle, suppressing ovulation and has been linked with early pregnancy loss. It can also lead to low sperm count. If you are looking for tips on becoming pregnant, stress management is very important.
How Does Dietary Sugar Affect Fertility?
- Refining sugar is stripped of all of the plant’s natural vitamins and minerals. For women who eat large amounts of refined sugar, the resulting deficiencies may prevent conception. Rather than using white sugar, try stevia, luo han guo, agave syrup, natural dark maple syrup or raw honey.
- While perfect health is not required, attempt to become fit before trying to conceive. Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), linked with insulin resistance and obesity, can prevent ovulation. Limiting refined sugar and eating whole foods will help stabilize blood sugar and avoid or help reverse PCOS.
- When looking for tips on becoming pregnant, make sure to read about men’s health. Obesity is associated with a lower sperm count. Men with uncontrolled blood sugar have decreased fertility as well. Diabetic men’s sperm also has a much higher rate of damaged genetic material.
Will Milk Help Me Get Pregnant?
- The role of milk in the diet is currently being debated. Some studies theorize that galactose, a byproduct of lactose, may not be digested properly. They conclude that dairy may sometimes cause female infertility. Other research advocates include dairy in the preconception diet. The Weston A Price Foundation recommends drinking at least a quart of full fat pastured milk plus four tablespoons of pastured butter daily while trying to conceive, but this too is debatable and should be decided on a case by case basis after a careful evaluation of your current state of health.
- One study by the Harvard School of Public Health stated "High intake of low-fat dairy foods may increase the risk of anovulatory infertility whereas intake of high-fat dairy foods may decrease this risk”. Simple tips on becoming pregnant include adding as little as one 8oz serving of whole milk daily to increase the chances of regular ovulation. Again if this is suitable for you will depend on your individual case evaluation.
- One study linked conventionally farmed dairy with more twin pregnancies. Women drinking milk with synthetic growth hormones were five times more likely to have twins than women abstaining from dairy. The milk products were shown to increase blood levels of insulin-like growth hormone, a hormone associated with higher rates of multiple births. Multiple births are at higher risk for both mother and infants.
Will Meat Help Me Get Pregnant?
- Endometriosis, one cause for infertility in women, has been found to be influenced by diet. Women who regularly eat fibre rich diets were 40% less likely to develop endometriosis, whereas women who ate large amounts of meat were 80 - 100% more likely. Obvious tips on becoming pregnant would include eating more fruit and vegetables.
- According to some studies, red meat has been found directly responsible for lower rates of sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG). Inadequate SHBG can lead to insulin imbalances and excess androgen (male hormone) production in women. These may explain the increased rates of early pregnancy loss.